Want to write open source code?
Want to make money USD 5000 with you code?
Want to do both?
Historically, Google Summer of Code has brought together nearly 3,400 students with over 200 open source projects to create millions of lines of code. We’re looking for
students to join in making 2010 the best Summer of Code yet! Every successful
student contributors will be offered a 5,000 USD stipend, enabling them to focus on their coding projects for three months.
The Google Summer of Code (GSOC) program is designed to encourage student participation in open source development. Kicking off in 2005, the program has several goals:
• Inspire young developers to begin participating in open source development
• Provide students in Computer Science and related fields the opportunity to do work related to their academic pursuits during the summer
• Give students more exposure to real-world software development scenarios (e.g.,
distributed development, software licensing questions, mailing-list etiquette, etc.)
• Get more open source code created and released for the benefit of all
• Help open source projects identify and bring in new developers and committers
Student applications will be accepted from March 29–April 9, 2010!
For an exposure about the GCOS 2010, we as UTM Open Source Software Group will organize the GSOC 2010 Light Talk @UTM. We will invite experienced participant and also a GSOC mentor, Devtar Singh to explain about the program, share his experiences and strategy to be selected for the program. Feel free to attend :
Google Summer of Code 2010 Light Talk @UTM
Date : 27 March 2010 (Saturday)
Time : 10am - 1pm
Venue : FSKSM N28 BK2 (Level 1),
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Skudai Campus
Free Admission and open to all undergraduates and postgraduates!
Further inquiry, please visit http://groups.google.com/group/utm-oss or contact Faruq 014-6174641